Re: how to uninstall the b43 and reinstall

On 6 Jan, 2012, at 23:58, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 06 Jan 2012 23:45:13 +0800, lina wrote:
>
>> On Friday 06,January,2012 11:28 PM, Camaleón wrote:
>
> (...)
>
>>> What a good policy!! I also want it for this mailing list }:-)
>
>> Haha ... you do like those simple things. How do you set your icedove to
>> set plain text always?
>> I need to manually changed it from Tools--> Format-->  in the present
>> email-ing window.
>
> Set plain text as the default sending options (hint: it's under
> "Identities")

Haha... (now this email send by phone, no guarantee is plain text.  But I guess it's. Very simple. I left my laptop in the lab, so I will check on coming Monday. Hopefully)

>>> Did you redo *exactly* and *at the same order* the steps what worked
>>> before?
>
>> Yes, but before I had those installed, due to not working, so I just
>> re-do those without wget part.
>
> I bet you need to reproduce the same steps.
>
>> Now to practise the *exactly*, I just removed the directories and former
>> downloaded .tar.gz
>> follow *exactly* again, reboot, not work?
>
> Did you install "compat-wireless", run make install "b43-fwcutter-015",
> et al?
I didn't pay much attention on this part.
But I haven't removed since last time installed.  I will check it.  Seriously check.  I feel I'm wrong. A bit dependent.  Kinda of very?

>> does the ~$ uname -a
>> Linux dove 3.2.0-1-lina
>> fall behind the 3.2-rc6? I noticed the 3.2.0 is the latest in
>> www.kernel.org.
>
> They're different, Debian can add different compilation options, some
> patches... The latest kernel upstream sources are always the top-dated.
>
> Greetings,

Thanks, be back 60 hours later or earlier.

Have a nice weekend and take care of yourself,