Re: how to uninstall the b43 and reinstall

On Fri, 06 Jan 2012 23:45:13 +0800, lina wrote:

> On Friday 06,January,2012 11:28 PM, Camaleón wrote:

(...)

>> What a good policy!! I also want it for this mailing list }:-)

> Haha ... you do like those simple things. How do you set your icedove to
> set plain text always?
> I need to manually changed it from Tools--> Format-->  in the present
> email-ing window.

Set plain text as the default sending options (hint: it's under
"Identities")

>> Did you redo *exactly* and *at the same order* the steps what worked
>> before?

> Yes, but before I had those installed, due to not working, so I just
> re-do those without wget part.

I bet you need to reproduce the same steps.

> Now to practise the *exactly*, I just removed the directories and former
> downloaded .tar.gz
> follow *exactly* again, reboot, not work?

Did you install "compat-wireless", run make install "b43-fwcutter-015",
et al?

> does the ~$ uname -a
> Linux dove 3.2.0-1-lina
> fall behind the 3.2-rc6? I noticed the 3.2.0 is the latest in
> www.kernel.org.

They're different, Debian can add different compilation options, some
patches... The latest kernel upstream sources are always the top-dated.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón