Re: Setting Postfix + Courier + Cyrus: cannot find user dir on authentication

On Thu, 05 Jan 2012 21:14:06 +0100, Sergi Pons Freixes wrote:

> 2012/1/5 Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com>:
>>
>> Sergi, "chdir Maildir: No such file or directory" message seems to mean
>> the server is trying to "go" to that directory and is not found,
>> because it does not exist.
>>

> Yes, you're right. What puzzles me is that on /etc/courier/authmysqlrc I
> have specified:
>
> MYSQL_HOME_FIELD        "/home/vmail"
>
> and
>
> # This is an optional field, and can be used to specify an arbitrary
> # location of the maildir for the account, which normally defaults to
> # $HOME/Maildir (where $HOME is read from MYSQL_HOME_FIELD).
> #
> # You still need to provide a MYSQL_HOME_FIELD, even if you uncomment this
> # out.
> #
>  MYSQL_MAILDIR_FIELD    maildir
>
> Being maildir a field on the database with the content: user@domain,
> therefore imapd should use /home/vmail/user@domain/ as Maildir . For
> some reason is ignoring it?

Sergi... as I see, "/Maildir" is a folder, it has to exist in your path
or you have to configure Courier to look into another different place,
which is not the case :-)

I can be wrong because I have not used Courier before, but this can be
easily tried, just create a new "test" account at:

/home/vmail/Maildir/test@cub3.net/

Restart the daemons, send a message to that account ("To: test@cub3.net"),
try to login and review the logs.

Greetings,