Re: error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed

On 16/12/11 12:09 PM, Camaleón wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Dec 2011 21:20:47 -0500, H.S. wrote:
>
>> On 13/12/11 11:50 AM, Camaleón wrote:
>
> (...)
>
>>> Oh, there is also bug report in Debian BTS:
>>>
>>> esniper: SSL certificate authentication fails
>>> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=624005
>>
>>  ... this relates to Debian and it is months old! I wonder what is
>> broken so much that it is not fixed.
>
> He... time seems to have a different meaning at bug tracking systems.
> "Months" can be translated as "yesterday", I mean, time goes slow in BTS
>> :-)
>
> The more people added to the bug (→ the more people is affected and asks
> for an update), the better.
>
>> Has anybody got esniper working in any flavor of Debian at this time?
>
> I can't test because I don't use that package but it seems it is present
> in version 2.25.0-1 and wheezy still has 2.24.
>
> ***
> http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/e/esniper/current/changelog
>
> esniper (2.25.0-2) unstable; urgency=low
>
> * Build against gnutls
>
> -- Dima Barsky <dima@debian.org>  Fri, 08 Jul 2011 13:56:21 +0100
> ***
>
> Hum... How about trying with the unstable package (2.26)? Although I don't
> know if this can be an option for you or if it will break something :-?
>
> Greetings,

Apologies for delay in replying, was away during the holidays and busy
after I returned to work.

I can give the unstable package a shot. I have mixed sources in the past
without any ill effects (luckily). I will also file a bug if esniper has
still not started to work again.

I should follow up on these in some days time (but work and family
visits out of town can take quite a bit of time).

Thanks and regards.

ever having been read.