Re: what's the nice package to open eps file

On 02/01/12 19:26, lina wrote:
> On Monday 02,January,2012 04:23 PM, Scott Ferguson wrote:
<snipped>
> Before I had no problem using gimp open .eps,
>
> just recent something wrong with gimp or maybe I use xfce4, no gdm
> and gnome stuff.
>>
>> Cheers

What happens if you just start GIMP from the cli (without telling it to
open the .eps) eg.:-
$ gimp

> It seems that I have installed the essential package,
>
> $ dpkg -l | grep gimp ii  gimp
> 2.6.11-7                          The GNU Image Manipulation Program
> ii  gimp-data                             2.6.11-7
> Data files for GIMP ii  libgimp2.0
> 2.6.11-7                          Libraries for the GNU Image
> Manipulation Program

Agreed.
To check whether it requires other packages - do you get any proposed
actions from:-
$ apt-get -sf install

NOTE that ^ is run as user, *not* root (belt and suspenders)

Cheers