Re: xfc4 migration next step: get rid of gnome

On Sun, 01 Jan 2012 18:02:55 +0100, Jerome BENOIT wrote:

> I have recently migrated to Xfce, and now I would get rid of gnome as it
> seems to become an heavy machinery: what is the best way to so ?

I would start by removing the related metapackages (gnome, gnome-desktop-
environment, gnome-core...).

If removing tries to do crazy things (like deleting packages or libraries
that you still want to leave installed), I would then go with a selective
package removement. It will be slower but this way you ensure to keep the
things you want and those that can be still needed or even useful for
xfce.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón