Re: [OT] where should I look for google sync information ?

On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 11:21 AM, Curt <curty@free.fr> wrote:
On 2011-12-05, Stephen Allen <marathon.durandal@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 05, 2011 at 08:49:30PM +0530, J. Bakshi wrote:
>> Dear list,
>>
>> I have activated google sync operation in my android phone to sync contact.
>> How can I verify/see those info at my google account ?
>>
> ---end quoted text---
>
> Maybe it's visible on your Google profile. AFAIK it can be managed from
> there. Don't use my phone with it but that's how the Google-Chrome Sync
> works.

Well, they say (Google) that when you sync your contacts, you sync your
contacts, and the only logical proof that syncing has indeed occurred
would and could only be found in your contacts (gmail contacts, for
instance, and, of course, the contacts on your phone, because it's a
two-way street, I do believe, otherwise the word sync would be a
misnomer).

Now what this has to do with a Google profile defies my imagination, but
perhaps it's my comprehension that's faulty.

If you log into your GMail acct, go to your contacts and look for a group
called "Starred on Android", this is the group that gets sync'd to your
device and back to GMail. All of your contacts on your phone will get put
into this group, GMail will also attempt to guess what contacts you use
the most and star them for you as well. I have to go back into that group
and un-star quite a few contacts because GMail has needlessly starred
them for no good/logical reason.