[ ERR] Reading package lists - E: Encountered a section with no Package: header

Hi,

I've been having these errors:

[ ERR] Reading package lists
E: Encountered a section with no Package: header
E: Problem with MergeList
/var/lib/apt/lists/mirrors.nfsi.pt_debian_dists_squeeze_main_binary-amd64_Packages
E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.
E: Couldn't rebuild package cache
E: Encountered a section with no Package: header
E: Problem with MergeList
/var/lib/apt/lists/mirrors.nfsi.pt_debian_dists_squeeze_main_binary-amd64_Packages
E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.

E: Encountered a section with no Package: header
E: Problem with MergeList
/var/lib/apt/lists/mirrors.nfsi.pt_debian_dists_squeeze_main_binary-amd64_Packages
E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.

... and i can't get rid of them. I've tried different national
mirrors, different ftp.*.debian mirrors, omitting security.debian.org,
etc... They all come up with these errors or similar. I can't
safe-upgrade nor can i search.

I've also deleted everything in /var/lib/apt/lists{/partial}, to no avail.

Since this only happens in this almost-just-installed VM and not on a
VPS, i assume there's something borked in this aptitude?

My current (and usual) mirror:
deb http://mirrors.nfsi.pt/debian/ squeeze main non-free contrib
deb-src http://mirrors.nfsi.pt/debian/ squeeze main non-free contrib
deb http://mirrors.nfsi.pt/debian/ squeeze-updates main contrib non-free
deb-src http://mirrors.nfsi.pt/debian/ squeeze-updates main contrib non-free

TIA,
Nuno

--
"On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog."