Re: Detach Icedove from xterm itself called from terminal.

Le 30/11/2011 15:52, Iuri Guilherme dos Santos Martins a écrit :
> I did not understand what you wanted, but i guess
>
> `xterm -e `icedove &` ` is close to the command you are looking for.
>
> The `` are used by bash to open a sub shell. (Assuming you are using
> bash).

Thank you Iuri, but the terminal still stays open.

What I want to do is the following: I have a Lua script which lets me
selects programs, then calls them with "os.execute(<program>)", and the
terminal where the Lua script runs closes too. Only with Icedove it
stays attached, so I'm trying very hard to detach it so the terminal can
close.

Best,
Paul