Re: intermitant keyboard problem

On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 02:29:40PM +0000, Camale�n wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Sep 2011 16:05:42 -0700, Robert Holtzman wrote:
>
> > I've been experiencing an intermittent problem with no keyboard
> > response.
>
> When you experience the problem:
>
> - Is the num. lock light still working (can you toggle on/off)?
>
> - Does attaching an additional USB keyboard resume the system normal
> activity?
>
> - Despite PS/2 was not designed to be hotplugging, does re-attaching the
> keyboard makes any difference?
>
> - Is the keyboard still responding from a tty (outside X)?
>
> > Running fully updated Squeeze on a desktop box with a PS/2
> > keyboard. No typing problem logging in, running a different OS (Ubuntu),
> > or with a live Squeeze CD. A search showed nothing much that wasn't
> > Windows related.
> >
> > Any suggestions/pointers appreciated.
>
> I would start by replacing the keyboard and if you see no improvement, by
> reviewing Xorg's logs.

I'll copy a reply I sent to Scott Ferguson off list:

Thanks for the reply. It turned out to be a sticky key option in the
accessibility application. I was playing with it several weeks ago and
despite closing it and deleting it from the menu the round blue icon
remains on the top panel. Somehow the sticky key option gets checked.
Don't know what's doing it. I would appreciate any ideas on how to get
rid of it.

--
Bob Holtzman
If you think you're getting free lunch,