Re: intermitant keyboard problem

On Thu, 29 Sep 2011 16:05:42 -0700, Robert Holtzman wrote:

> I've been experiencing an intermittent problem with no keyboard
> response.

When you experience the problem:

- Is the num. lock light still working (can you toggle on/off)?

- Does attaching an additional USB keyboard resume the system normal
activity?

- Despite PS/2 was not designed to be hotplugging, does re-attaching the
keyboard makes any difference?

- Is the keyboard still responding from a tty (outside X)?

> Running fully updated Squeeze on a desktop box with a PS/2
> keyboard. No typing problem logging in, running a different OS (Ubuntu),
> or with a live Squeeze CD. A search showed nothing much that wasn't
> Windows related.
>
> Any suggestions/pointers appreciated.

I would start by replacing the keyboard and if you see no improvement, by
reviewing Xorg's logs.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón