Re: openjdk-7-jre and Iceweasel

On Friday 30 September 2011 12:00:23 Walter Hurry wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Sep 2011 07:28:32 +0100, Lisi wrote:

> dns.html

> >>    I am not sure this works with openjdk-7 but try to install
> >> icedtea-plugin.
> >
> > Thank you to all three of you.  I finally manged to install
> > icedtea-plugin from Sid, but now things are even worse!  Before, I got a
> > box with a message that I needed to install java.  Now I just have a
> > box-shaped light grey area with nothing else visible. :-(
> >
> > Any clues?  I am beginning to think that I may have to install another
> > distro just for this. :-(
> >
> > But I'll try Squeeze first.
> >
> > Sorry - I have not got you any further forward, Gilbert.
> >
> > Thanks again,
> > Lisi
>
> I have a stock Squeeze installation, and the page you referenced works
> for me. Here is my setup:
>
> $ java -version
> java version "1.6.0_18"
> OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.8.9) (6b18-1.8.9-0.1~squeeze1)
> $ dpkg -l | grep icedtea
> ii  icedtea6-plugin                         6b18-1.8.9-0.1~squeeze1
> web browser plugin based on OpenJDK and IcedTea to execute Java applets
> $ firefox --version
> Mozilla Iceweasel 3.5.16, Copyright (c) 1998 - 2010 mozilla.org
>
> Hope this helps.

Thanks very much Harry!  I haven't currently got a working Squeeze.  That will
be remedied this afternoon, and then I'll try and copy your set-up.  I want
to do that anyway, this just gives me a reason why it can move up the
priority list!

Of course, even if it works it won't help you Gilbert.  Sorry about that!

Lisi