Re: openjdk-7-jre and Iceweasel

On 09/30/2011 02:28 AM, Lisi wrote:
Thank you to all three of you.  I finally manged to install icedtea-plugin
from Sid, but now things are even worse!  Before, I got a box with a message
that I needed to install java.  Now I just have a box-shaped light grey area
with nothing else visible. :-(

Any clues?  I am beginning to think that I may have to install another distro
just for this. :-(

But I'll try Squeeze first.

Sorry - I have not got you any further forward, Gilbert.
There have been many people trying to help me move forward for many years. Very few have succeeded in moving more than a few mm at a time.

;-)

I'm going to give an adaptation of Torstein's suggestion a shot to see how well it works with testing/unstable. If I learn anything I'll be back. In the meantime, I watch with interest.

Best regards,
Gilbert