Re: xserver-xorg-core and fglrx-driver

30/09/2011 05:33, lina wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I update this morning (wheezy one but with sid fglrx-driver), the
> xserver-xorg-core was updated.
>
> my fglrx-driver was removed,
>
> when I tried to install, it's reported:
>
> fglrx-driver depends on xorg-video-abi-10 or -8 or -6. which are not
> avaiable.
>
> then I checked package
>
> xserver-xorg-core(2:1.11.1-1), which has already been installed.
>
> xserver-xorg-core-udeb_1.11.1-1_amd64.udeb on AMD64 machines seems not a
> good choice.
>
> seems the  fglrx-driver (1:11-8-3) dep: xserver-xorg-core (<< 2:1.10.99)
>
> Thanks for any suggestions,
>

> --
> Best Regards,
>
> lina

Hi, you can either try to use the free driver for a while, AMD will
eventually deliver a compatible fglrx driver at some point ; or you can
Look at you apt[itude] logs to see exactly what has been upgraded,
download those packages from snapshot.debian.org, and install them with
"dpkg -i".
You must downgrade ALL xserver-xorg related packages which have been
upgraded, not just the core ones, the ABI change will make your mouse
and keyboard fail if you don't downgrade input packages for instance.

Hope it helps.