Re: openjdk-7-jre and Iceweasel

On Thursday 29 September 2011 17:03:55 Dejan Ribič wrote:
> Dne 29.9.2011 17:54, piše Lisi:
> > I am trying, without success, to run:
> >
> > http://media.pearsoncmg.com/aw/aw_kurose_network_2/applets/dns/dns.html
> >
> > The problem is the applet.  The Java I have on  my Lenny system is too
> > old. Hardly surprising.  So I switched to Wheezy.  Still not OK.  I
> > checked: I only had openjdk-6-jre.  So I installed openjdk-7-jre and its
> > dependencies. Still no joy.  I imagine that iceweasel is not using it at
> > all, or not in the way that jre 7 needs.  What can I do to run this
> > applet?  This is a course in OSS, so it shouldn't require anything
> > proprietary.
> >

>    I am not sure this works with openjdk-7 but try to install
> icedtea-plugin.

Thank you to all three of you.  I finally manged to install icedtea-plugin
from Sid, but now things are even worse!  Before, I got a box with a message
that I needed to install java.  Now I just have a box-shaped light grey area
with nothing else visible. :-(

Any clues?  I am beginning to think that I may have to install another distro
just for this. :-(

But I'll try Squeeze first.

Sorry - I have not got you any further forward, Gilbert.

Thanks again,
Lisi