Re: Permission Problem with xsane

On 30/09/11 06:20, Thomas H. George wrote:
> I can run xsane as root but not as user tom although tom is a member of
> the scanner group.  What other group membership is required?
>
> Tom

Scanner group is correct.
Did you logout and back in again to activate membership?

You shouldn't require any other group memberships to use the scanner
(but I could be wrong, and don't know what scanner you're trying to use)....

typical group memberships:-
scott(self) cdrom floppy audio dip video plugdev mlocate powerdev
vboxusers debian-tor bluetooth scanner

Cheers