Re: Bug filling

Mark Panen wrote:
> I tried to file a bug with "reportbug" in text mode, i got to a screen
> where it wanted to save a file to /tmp/*. One of the options was to
> press "M-G" how do i do that.

Reportbug launches an editor for you edit your report.  I do not
recall any meta-commands from reportbug but it is possible this came
from the editor.  I think very likely the editor was talking to you at
that moment.

(Many people will think Emacs here bug M-G is not an emacs command
that would be asked for in this context.  So I am thinking it is
another editor.)

If you are having difficulty with the editor you were using then you
may choose a different one.  Either by setting the EDITOR variable or
by passing in the --editor command line option argument.

  reportbug --editor=nano

> I Ctrl X and was at a screen where it said it would send the report
> but i am unsure i have sent the bug report.

Reportbug should have given you a prompt similar to this:

  Submit this report on foo (e to edit) [Y|n|a|c|e|i|l|m|p|q|d|t|s|?]?

Typing Y at that prompt would have sent the email and submitted the
bug report.  The BTS would then have sent you back an email
confirmation.  Wait for it.  It frequently takes a bit of time.
Usually within an hour but you might have to wait as long as a day if
there is a problem.

Bob