Re: System slowdown - plugin-container responsible?

On Thu 29 Sep 2011 at 13:41:29 -0400, Patrick Wiseman wrote:

> I think it's a browser problem.  I simply disabled plugin-container
> (by setting dom.ipc.plugins.enabled to 'false' in about:config) and
> restarted Iceweasel.  Things are now _less_ sluggish, although not as
> fast as I might expect.  Now, instead of plugin-container using up 20%
> CPU, firefox-bin is using about 30% MEM.  I'm thinking of making
> Chrome my default browser!

30% memory would indicate you have a quite a few tabs open. Mine on
Lenny is about that with approximately 70 tabs going. CPU is in the
region of 8-10%. Flash adverts can consume a fair bit of CPU so I use
the flashblock extension (testing and unstable has it) to calm things
down.