Re: Ethernet alias fails to brought up sometimes when booting up

On Thu, 29 Sep 2011 12:34:43 +0200, Santiago Castillo Oli wrote:

> I have a debian squeeze server with 2 NICs. There are several IPs
> assigned to one of the nic.
>
> All the addresses are static.
>
> After boot, the aliased interfaces are up sometimes, but sometimes not.

(...)

Have you verified that with "ifconfig"? What's the output of that
command? Are only the virtual addresses which fail to go up? How about
manually bringing up them (e.g., "ifconfig eth1:1 up"), it succeeds?

> This is the content of /etc/network/interfaces:

(...)

Mmm, at a first glance the file looks quite right :-?

Have you checked for any typos or hidden characters on the file?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón