Re: iceweasel based on firefox 6.0 for squeeze

On 28/09/11 21:25, � wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Sep 2011 10:45:22 +1000, Scott Ferguson wrote:
>
>> On 28/09/11 00:49, � wrote:
>
> (...)

>>> (...)
>>>
>>> <joke mode on>
>>>
>>> Ah, Scott, Scott... the web turns into a lonely place when you can't
>>> play "Angry Birds" online and you need an html5 based browser to launch
>>> those softy balls of feather to destroy the green pig houses.
>>>
>>> </joke mode off>
>>>
>>> Greetings, (from the land of "html5", where the "canvas" element
>>> lies...)

Are you serious? Maybe you should warn the w3.org they need to update
their documentation?

>> "Angry Birds"  belongs in the same bucket as Silverlight and Fffacebook.
>
> How can be that? AB is a game, SL is a plugin and FB is a social network.

I have a special (Circular Repurposing And Purging) bucket, (for all
types of rubbish), like Facebook, Silverlight, and Angry Birds, there's
even copies of MS Vista and ME in there.

You put Angry Birds, HTML 5, and the Canvas element in the same
sentence, as if they're all related..... and you look at me like I'm a
dog that's just been shown a card trick?

How can that be?
A. the Canvas element has been supported by Apple's Webkit since 2004.
B. HTML 5 is not a finalised standard *yet*.

There are two versions of the Angry Birds game.
The on developed for Apple. It uses the Canvas element.
HTML 5 is not a standard yet. When it is, it will most likely support
Apple's Canvas Element to some degree.

The other, more recent, version, was developed for Google. Part of the
development contract was that portions be exclusive "for the Google
Chrome Browser". It uses the Canvas Element - which is supported by some
browsers. It will never be fully supported by all browsers - even when
HTML 5 is finalized (by design).

>> Lots of people use and want them - just like lots of people believe in
>> little green people in flying saucers... oh, hang on - it's the same
>> people.
>
> Sigh... I'm afraid you tried to connect the points by following the
> numbers in the wrong order.

When you find:-
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 5.0//EN">
as a tag, then you can start testing browsers for HTML 5 support.

Until then - we're just trying to nail smoke to the wall.

Cheers

Refs:-
http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/
http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/introduction.html#is-this-html5?