Re: Ill advised blundering = nasty mess

Joe <joe@jretrading.com> writes:

> 1) If you need a mail server but have no previous experience, have heard
> of sendmail and are unaware of anything else, then yes, I'll join in the
> recommendations that you pick a different one. It is notoriously the
> most difficult to configure.

The thread has taken a turn away from what OP was about.  It wasn't
technical help with sendmail itself, but more cleaning up a mess of my
own making concerning the installing of the sendmail pkgs.

I did bang my head a bit on the authentication but finally realized I
was using credentials from a closed account... and of course it was
getting rejected ... duh.