Re: [OT] advice re Western Digital WD1002FAEX Caviar Black 1 TB 7200 RPM Internal Hard Disk Drive

On Tuesday 27 September 2011 20:22:25 Steven Rosenberg wrote:
> There's no substitute for good, frequent and
> multiple backups.

I doubt that you would find anyone here who would disagree with you!  But
failure is a nuisance even when it is not a disaster.  It is worth something
to me to lessen the chance of failure, and I have had experience myself of
how good the WD guarantees are.  But price is sometimes fixed at the point
that marketing think the market will bear or even like, so is not a reliable
guide to whether you get more bang for your buck.

Thank you very much for your input.

Lisi