Re: Upgraded from Squeeze to unstable - NVIDIA

Hi,

I had installed the NVIDIA driver downloaded from nvidia.com when run
Squeeze.

Now when I'm running unstable I have uninstalled every nvidia package
and have installed nvidia-installer-cleanup.

I'm running kernel 3.0.0-1-amd64 #1 SMP Tue Sep 20 07:03:13 UTC 2011
x86_64 GNU/Linux

and have GPU: 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation G73
[GeForce 7600 GT] (rev a1)

Using aptitude I'm searching for the proper nvidia driver but can't find
it. I have now installed the xserver-xorg-video-nvidia driver but still
can't get the X Window system; I get error when I start startx:
/etc/X11/xinit/xserverrc: line 3: /usr/bin/X: No such file or directory
/etc/X11/xinit/xserverrc: line 3: exec: /usr/bin/X: cannot execute: No
such file or directory
xinit: giving up
xinit: unable to connect to X server: Connection refused
xinit: server error

Which package to install with aptitude to get my X Window system again?

--
Regards, Pal
<http://cspl.me>