Re: [OT] advice re Western Digital WD1002FAEX Caviar Black 1 TB 7200 RPM Internal Hard Disk Drive

Il 26/09/2011 15:44, Lisi ha scritto:
> On Monday 26 September 2011 13:04:18 Camaleón wrote:
>> For what specific purpose?
>>
>> It's not the same if you are going to use it just for backups than for
>> storing the "/" filesystem on a home desktop, for a hosting company as a
>> part of a hw raid system, to be used for a cluster or...
>>
>> A most accurate description will provide you the better responses.
>
> Not really, it depends on the attitude of the person using it.  All I am
> asking is: is it better quality and more durable than the blue ranges.  Once
> burnt, twice shy.

Attitude? I would worry about the technical details of the drive. And
yes, system specifications do help if you need an advice. If you were
going for a RAID setup, i would reccomend you pick other brands.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time-Limited_Error_Recovery

--
Davide Mirtillo