Re: [OT] advice re Western Digital WD1002FAEX Caviar Black 1 TB 7200 RPM Internal Hard Disk Drive

On Mon, 26 Sep 2011 12:53:01 +0100, Lisi wrote:

> Is the Western Digital WD1002FAEX Caviar Black 1 TB 7200 RPM Internal
> Hard Disk Drive worth the extra money over the Blue ranges?
>
> And would you recommend it?  I don't want to cause myself complications
> with another dud drive. :-(
>
> If you wouldn't recommend it, what would you recommend?
>
> It is, of course, for use with Debian.

For what specific purpose?

It's not the same if you are going to use it just for backups than for
storing the "/" filesystem on a home desktop, for a hosting company as a
part of a hw raid system, to be used for a cluster or...

A most accurate description will provide you the better responses.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón