Re: Reducing kernel compilation time

Cam Hutchison:

>> (My goal was to
>> produce a kernel that boots without an initrd; most people will not
>> share that goal.)
>
> I would have thought that most people would share that goal, since
> building an initrd is useful for only two reasons I can think of:

I regularly built custom kernels for a few years and in the beginning, I
avoided initrds as well. But nowadays you don't have to do very much to
get it working. You just enable it in the kernel config and the rest is
done automatically (I use deb-pkg).

J.
--
I like my Toyota RAV4 because of the commanding view of the traffic
jams.