Re: Reducing kernel compilation time

On Sun 25 Sep 2011 at 08:21:17 -0400, Stephen Powell wrote:

[Snipped: Some advantages of using kernel-package]

> But, to each his own.  Whatever floats your boat, man.

Indeed, but the deck is stacked against kernel-package when it is
associated with 'deprecated' in the minds of users. It may not suit the
Kernel Team for their use but I've happily and successfully compiled
kernels with it for many years without it giving me any problems.

Kernel-package was promoted as the Debian way when I first came into
contact with it and its creator was active in debian-user with advice.
If there is a proper or official Debian position on compiling a kernel
it could be inferred from this civilised discussion at: