Re: debian wheezy weekly builds (FAILED)

On 24/09/2011 15:55, Camaleón wrote:
On Sat, 24 Sep 2011 14:34:48 +0200, Johan Scheepers wrote:

Downloaded dvd-1 from .....
http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/weekly-builds/amd64/iso-dvd/ (19
Sept).

Is it possible to install debian from dvd-1 only ??
Sure.

Installed it on an external usb drive..all went well untill...

Near the beginning was told some non-free files required..(names
provided) install by stick or whatever. Skipped this.

The end ..unable to install grub.
So tried lilo. Still no go. So finished install. So no booting.

Can not remember that such has happened to me with any of the flavours
tried.
Installing GRUB has failed me many times... dunno why, but it only
happened with Debian :-)

Would like to try it out if I can boot it. Some suggestions please
Boot the system with a LiveCD or SGD. Afterwards, install GRUB as usual.

Greetings,

Eventually found that those files required for grub2 does not exist on the installation drive.
So in the meantime will leave it at that.
Johan S