Re: Worst Admin Mistake? was --> Re: /usr broken, will the machine reboot ?

Quoting The_Ace on 2011-09-14 03:08:
> drop database Live_database;
>
> Restored the previous day's backup and blamed it on a bad power supply :P

You coulda blamed it on any of the outputs of "fortune bofh-excuses" and
most users would likely not know.

My worst administration mistake? Forgetting to check asset numbers
before sanitizing a machine -- I'd sanitized an actively used
diagnostics computer instead of the identical-looking machine sitting
right next to it. Though that machine was the cleanest in the shop
afterwards. dban, dish soap, compressed air and water.

Fortunately, I had an image of that machine. That was my noob (used
self-perjoratively!) moment for that month.

--
 _  Brian Ryans 8B2A 54C4 E275 8CFD 8A7D 5D0B 0AD0 B014 C112 13D0     .
( ) ICQ 43190205 | Mail/Jabber/Yahoo/MSN: BrianLRyans@gmail.com      ..: