Boot loader installation failed.

I'm a humble Mac user trying to start using Debian (Squeeze) on a 2.1 GHz PowerPC G5.
The processor is a PowerPC 970fx "G5" with 64-bit data paths and registers, with native support for 32-bit application code.

I have download powerpc netinst image and run install64 command.

The installation progress well until the yaboot boot loader (last step before finish): it always fails at its 83% progression rate. I have unsuccessfully tried all options proposed by the installer.

There is advice about installing the Debian Lenny's yaboot intead.
What you think?
Any help will welcome.

Thank you very much.
--