Re: What to do with a DVD-RW +VR disk? UDF file system

On Fri, 23 Sep 2011 20:48:35 +0000, Hendrik Boom wrote:

> On my Toshiba D-VR7KC2 DVD recorder I have recorded some video on a DVD-
> RW, using the +VR recording format.

Is the disc finalized? Can it play in another DVD video reader?

> But I'm unable to play it on my wheezy system in either VLC or the Gnome
> Mplayer.

I would launch those programs from command line and read the output
error, maybe it gives some clue about the failure.

> Now according to online documentation I have a strong suspicion that
> this is recorded in some form of the so-called UDF file system.  What do
> I have to do to get my machine to recognize this, either for playing it
> or for copying the video off it?

(...)

UDF is quite well supported format for reading (and a bit less when it
comes to writing) so this wouldn't be an issue at all.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón