Re: how stable is lenny

Lisi wrote:
> Bob Proulx wrote:
> > Long Wind wrote:
> > > Subject: how stable is lenny
> >
> > Lenny is extremely stable.  But just the same you should upgrade to
> > Squeeze.  That is the current "best" release to use.
>
> Depends, surely, on his reason for using Lenny?  The beauty of Linux
> is that it is not a one-size-fits-all solution.

True.  But as the saying goes, no man is an island.  I really thought
Woody was an excellent release too.  And Sarge was quite good too.
But I miss 'xmms' and 'grip' now unsupported.  But eventually we all
need to move forward.  And there is always the Heirloom Project for
those who do not.  :-)

> > Not here.  Lenny is very solid and reliable.
>
> Implies, surely, that you too are using Lenny??

I am down to two last machines still running Lenny.  There are
security upgrades planned to be available for another twelve months.
I have that long to work out how to make the upgrade for them.

Bob