Re: how much time do I need to run badblocks

On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 6:04 PM, Lisi <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:
> You didn't let Badblocks finish!  The longest it has taken when I have used it
> was 13 hours - and this was a while ago, so probably a 40G HDD.
>
> Let Badblocks finish, however long it takes, and if it still gives no error
> message, ten all is well.  It only reports if there _are_ errors, and not if
> there are not.
>
> Lisi

i have just found out
that it test 4 patterns
but the manual doesn't include such info
the running badblocks doesn't include them either
(even with -v option)
it seems to me that it will test forever
it really is testing 4th and last pattern
if i knew, i'd not press Ctrl+c