Re: Iceweasel and the gpu acceleration

On Thu, 22 Sep 2011 23:22:07 +0200, AlbMilla wrote:

> I am using Iceweasel 6 in Debian Testing, and I think I have a problem
> with the gpu acceleration due to Iceweasel has not activate me that
> option.
>
> If I check about:support, Iceweasel detects my card NVIDIA Corporation
> -- GeForce 9300M GS/PCI/SSE2 but Iceweasel does not enable the gpu.
>
> My graphics card driver is in the version 275.28 from the non-free
> repositories. What can be the problem? Is it possible that in this
> Iceweasel version the nvidia drivers are already blacklisted?

If it was blacklisted, it would appear so in the "about:support" page
(e.g., my drivers -old version 173.14.09- appear as "locked" for WebGL
rendering).

I would try to get WebGL working by following Mozilla's suggestions (I
hope they're up-to-date :-P):

https://wiki.mozilla.org/Blocklisting/Blocked_Graphics_Drivers

Greetings,

--