Re: how stable is lenny

On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 9:17 PM, Stan Hoeppner <stan@hardwarefreak.com> wrote:

> Does the mouse still work?  If so you may simply have a KB going south.  If
> neither work it may by a problem coming out of hybernation.  If this happens
> *while* you are actively typing it could be a number of issues.
>
> When this happens, how are you getting around it?  Hard reset or power
> button?  Is this a laptop or desktop/minitower machine?
>
> --
> Stan

My PC is desktop PC.
I'm not sure if mouse work
I usually in graphics mode
when lenny doesn't respond to my key strokes
I press alt+F1 (to switch to tty)
but lenny remains in graphics mode
even pressing power button on PC case can't shutdown lenny
I have to unplug power cable to shutdown

I suspect the hard disk is failing
so I test with badblocks
but it takes too much time.