Re: Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) firmware

* Alex:

> Any comments on the "Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI)
> firmware" and its ability to preclude booting from alternative
> operating systems such as Linux, BSD etc., would be greatly
> appreciated, as per article entitled "Windows 8 secure boot would
> exclude' Linux"

It seems to me that this technology was pioneered on Android devices
(which tend to lock out alternative operating systems, not just custom
kernels).

--
Florian Weimer                <fweimer@bfk.de>
D-76133 Karlsruhe             fax: +49-721-96201-99