Re: No iceweasel support for google+

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 10:06:57AM -0300, francis picabia wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 9:54 AM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, 22 Sep 2011 09:36:19 -0300, francis picabia wrote:
> >
> >> I must remember to launch google chrome to use google+, as it does not
> >> support iceweasel.  Is this something expected to change? Perhaps I
> >> simply have a problem searching for articles about google+ in google
> >> search, as I see on rants.org article.
> >
> > What problems are you having?
> >
> > I can't locate (are there any?) the browser requirements for running
> > Google+ so it must be the same as for the rest of the Google apps and
> > Firefox/Iceweasel (version >3.x) has always been supported :-?
>
> I don't really have a "problem" but if I select the google+ tab
> I get a generic page saying my browser is no longer supported.
> I'm using iceweasel 3.5.16 - I think the current release for
> Debian squeeze.
>
> I could trick it into identifying as another browser, but I wondered
> if it will be supported anyway without hacking the identifier.

I would suggest you have two paths open to you.
 1. Contact Google and get them to support Iceweasel 3.5.16
 2. Use a 'supported' browser. This probably means getting yourself a
    backported version of Iceweasel from mozilla.debian.net

I suppose there is always a third way
 3. Accept that google don't "support" the browser, accept that any
    breakages are your own responsibility and continue to use the site
	(This may also involve contacting google to let you past the block)

--
Darac Marjal