Re: ATI Rage 128 PF/PRO AGP 4x TMDS

On Tue, 20 Sep 2011 18:31:33 -0400, cosme@esid.gecgr.co.cu wrote in
message
<[🔎] 4ae059fcfc262fd39f8bd71a9798a9a2.squirrel@sax.esid.gecgr.co.cu>:

> Hello
>
> I use Debian Squeeze
>

> Where I can find drivers for ATI Rage 128 PF / PRO AGP 4x TMDS for
> Linux??

..e.g. "aptitude search mach64" or "apt-cache search mach64"

> At AMD, there is nothing of this.

..sounds fair, they have endlifed those old products,
and they are best supported by X.org and Debian.org.

> I tried with 2 ATI cards and I want to work the TV but I have not done
> anything:
>
> 1 - R200 BB [Radeon All in Wonder 8500DV]

..needs the radeon driver.

> 2 - Rage 128 PF / PRO AGP 4x TMDS

..needs the mach64 or r128 driver.

> Neither of the two works I guess the drivers are not in the
> repository or multimedia.
>
> I suggest???

..I suggest: "aptitude install xserver-xorg-video-ati
xserver-xorg-video-mach64 ", mach64 was "tossed out"
of the ati metapackage that "holds" radeon and r128.

..you also need linux-firmware(-non)-free and libdrm-radeon
or whatever libdrm mach64 or r128 needs.