Re: ATI Rage 128 PF/PRO AGP 4x TMDS

On 21/09/11 08:31, cosme@esid.gecgr.co.cu wrote:
> Hello
>
> I use Debian Squeeze
>

> Where I can find drivers for ATI Rage 128 PF / PRO AGP 4x TMDS for Linux??
>
> At AMD, there is nothing of this.

AMD?
Do you mean ATI?

> I tried with 2 ATI cards and I want to work the TV but I have not done
> anything:

Do you mean "tv out"?
AFAIK neither of those cards incorporates a television tuner, "tv out"
allows you to send a signal to your (analogue) television screen.

> 1 - R200 BB [Radeon All in Wonder 8500DV]

I'm not familiar with that card - I'd have to look it up (which you
could do yourself) :-)

> 2 - Rage 128 PF / PRO AGP 4x TMDS

See further down for this card.

> Neither of the two works I guess the drivers are not in the repository or
> multimedia.
>
> I suggest???
>
> regards
> Cosme

Certainly should be supported under GNU/Linux:-
http://cateee.net/lkddb/web-lkddb/DRM_R128.html

and Debian:-
xserver-xorg-video-r128

TV out is a bit more tricky... I don't know if it's possible to have a
standard display *and* tv out (I haven't run the r128 for years - not
sure if I still have any).

# apt-get install atitvout
# atitvout -f t

If you get stuck post
# lspci | grep VGA
# cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log
$ xrandr -q

Cheers

--
"People in the United Kingdom and outside the United States share my
bemusement with the United States that America doesn’t share with