Re: 3D.rendering became slow since moved to wheezy.

Hi,

Sthu Deus wrote, on 09/20/11 07:56:
> Thank You for Your time and answer, Jörg-Volker:
>
>> Take a look at the output of
>>  glxgears -info
>
> Did not give me any idea:
>
> Running synchronized to the vertical refresh.  The framerate should be
> approximately the same as the monitor refresh rate.
> GL_RENDERER   = Gallium 0.4 on ATI RS480
> GL_VERSION    = 2.1 Mesa 7.11

so hardware rendering is still used.
(By the way, glxgears is not good for any performance test or comparison.)

<snip>

>>  grep -i disabled /var/log/Xorg.0.log
>
> This seems OK to me:
>
> [   239.146] (==) RADEON(0): Backing store disabled
> [   239.163] (II) RADEON(0): RandR 1.2 enabled, ignore the following RandR disabled
> message.
> [   239.163] (--) RandR disabled
>
> Do You have any ideas for the investigation?

In case of problems, I would have expected something like "Direct rendering
disabled".

I see no clue for reduced performance here.
Does the output of

  grep -E '\((WW|EE)\)' /var/log/Xorg.0.log

give some hints?

--
Best regards,
Jörg-Volker.