Re: apt-utility and repos.

Dom wrote:
> It is slightly confusing that reportbug seems to take into account
> updates that haven't yet filtered through to the live systems.

It is one of the things I find annoying.  This is default Debian BTS
behavior and not really reportbug specifically.  Debian has a Stable
release but all bugs are triaged against Unstable.  As soon as a
package is uploaded to Unstable that closes a bug then that bug is
closed regardless of whether it is still active in Stable.  IMNHO it
should be marked as resolved in Unstable but still open until the fix
appears in the next Stable release.  The BTS operates outside of the
current Unstable, Testing, Stable release flow and really doesn't know
about anything but Unstable.

Some maintainers will keep bugs open and tag them with the release the
bug appears in.  (e.g. Tagged squeeze.)  But that is all manual effort
on the part of the maintainers.  So although some do this it isn't the
default behavior provided by the Debian BTS.

Bob