Re: a quick Q: how did you handle files from windows

On Wed, 21 Sep 2011 00:15:11 +0800, lina wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 6:59 PM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 20 Sep 2011 17:27:21 +0800, lina wrote:
>>
>> > Just wonder are there some tricks to handle the .doc from windows,
>> > you know, mainly keep it format and formula.
>> >
>> > Except went to (ssh) to windows and installation of wine (not tried),
>> >
>> > are there some good choice?
>>
>> I mainly use OpenOffice Writter (now LibreOffice) but some docs are not
>> well formatted (mostly those with tables or special layouts). For those
>> exceptions I have to go to my Windows machine and open it from there,
>> such is life :-( (note that a VM will also do the same job than "real
>> irons").
>>
> Yeah, this is life.

You can also try with Google Docs, true is that despite I have an account
with them I never tried this app before so I don't know how/if it will
work nor what are its possibilities :-?

>> > or are there some webpage severs as apps, so can easily handle those
>> > things?
>>
>> Yes, there are also online services that convert between several
>> documents and file formats. I use this from time to time but not for
>> company based documents that may contain sensitive information on them:
>>
> I thought you did not work. So gotta time help people.

Ha! :-)

I work as sysadmin and you know, sometimes you encounter with many spare
time, computers are so damn good at their jobs I fear to be "retired" in
a not very long future...

Greetings,

--
Camaleón