Re: My syster reboots automatically when trying to shut it down.

On Tue, 20 Sep 2011 00:44:56 +0300, Πρεκατές Αλέξανδρος wrote:

> shutdown -P now    wont work. i get a message thats it should be used
> together with flag  'h'
>
> so 'shutdown -hP now'    worked a couple of times but now it doesnt.

Oh, I see...

> also  in acpi=force is in the boot kernel , as was apm=power-off (which
> i removed with no gain )
>
> Also i tried the command 'poweroff' with no gain either..
>
> alex

Have you tried with "apci=off" to completely disable acpi? It's just for
testing, it's not good to have acpi disabled at all but if this makes
shutdown behaves correctly, the problem can be at the kernel side.

> (also strange is that my question regaring my mobo which doesnt have a
> bios id !! is still unanswered in the intel community forums...) (as a
> last resort i'll try to remove the packages i installed the last month
> although that could make the computer with no wifi...)

Forums is not the usual place where devels/engineers are but users, like
you an me :-). Consider opening a tech support case at Intel's site for
the BIOS update problem.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón