Re: tap touchpad to click mouse?

On Mon, 19 Sep 2011 18:26:55 -0500, Steve M. Robbins wrote:

> I bought a netbook (Acer aspire one) recently and got Debian running on
> it with surprisingly few problems.  The wireless networking works,
> graphics works.
>
> One thing that does not work as well as in Windows 7 is the track pad
> for moving the cursor. Moving the cursor works fine, but in Win 7,
> tapping on the pad is treated as a left mouse click. How can I turn that
> on?
>
> I'm running Debian unstable and using KDE.

This is something I cannot still understand but it seems that GNOME and
also KDE guys have decided to disable that option by default while I
found it the natural way the user expects the touchpad behaves (→ you
tap, you click) :-?

In GNOME this can be easily enabled from touchpad settings (under mouse
options) so in KDE there must be something similar.

To enable it also at login (KDM/GDM) there is another setting of X server
you need to tweak (ask if you are interested in this because I don't
remember the exact option right now) :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón