Re: apt-utility and repos.

On 20/09/11 10:05, Sthu Deus wrote:
Good time of the day.

I thought to file a bug report against cups on my wheezy system
whereas I has found w/ the reportbug utility that I do not use the
latest version of the package:

$ apt-cache policy
cups
   Installed: 1.5.0-5
   Candidate: 1.5.0-5
   Version table:
  *** 1.5.0-5 0
         100 http://ftp.ru.debian.org/debian/ wheezy/main amd64 Packages
         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
      1.4.4-7 0
         990 http://ftp.ru.debian.org/debian/ squeeze/main amd64 Packages

and the latest is 1.5.0-6.

So I have found that something wrong w/ my apt data base. So, I have
tried two more mirrors to see if the situation will change - but it
didn't - the latest version was not installed nor appear in the policy
of apt-cache utility.

Therefore, my question is, How it can be? And what should I do?

Hmm... where do you get that the latest version is 1.5.0-6?

The current version of cups in wheezy is 1.5.0-5, the one you have installed. 1.5.0-6 is in sid, but not wheezy yet.

http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=cups

Your apt database is correct.

If you really want 1.5.0-6, and are ok with mixing releases, you could install the sid version, but I'd advise waiting until it appears in wheezy.

--
Dom