Re: Issues with ATI capture

On Mon, 19 Sep 2011 09:24:36 -0400, cosme@esid.gecgr.co.cu wrote in
message
<[🔎] 531305803fc550e492f24b425a650c1a.squirrel@sax.esid.gecgr.co.cu>:

> Hi
>
> I have a capture card ATI AGP 64 mb and using Debian squeeze

..ah.  I was assuming Wheezy or Sid-like, X-things has changed,
and has been improved.

> When I run lspci returns the following
>
>  lspci | grep VGA
>
> 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc R200 BB
> [Radeon All in Wonder 8500DV]

..this should use the radeon driver, and linux-firmware-* (both -free
and -non-free).

> So I believe installed at least substantially all the drivers for
> this card.
>
> In a manual I found I added the GRUB browsing radeon.modeset = 0,

..try radeon.modeset = 1, 0 disables kernel modesetting, useful for
debugging.  (The closed source fglrx needs 0, I heard?)

> also in / etc / default-grub also added radeon.modeset = 0, according
> to the manual when you start the PC should appear large letters so it
> does.
>
> I want to watch TV but it's like something is missing, I tried
> zapping and tells me missing / dev/vbi0

..udev should create this, do you have hal instead?
Wheezy "threw out hal and went the udev way."

> , I also tried-TV makes me DVB
> There are no devices available.
>
> Or is that something is missing but as I fix it???

..dunno, put your logs on your web site and post the urls here so we
can take a look and find out.