Re: Gimp problem

On Mon, 19 Sep 2011 11:23:49 -0400, Frank McCormick wrote:

> On 19/09/11 09:42 AM, Camaleón wrote:

(...)

>>>    No, not yet but I will do
>

>      A new user has the same problem...the box opens tall and thin,
> cannot be resized or moved and is too narrow to display the full
> filetype.

That's bad news.

>> Okay.
>>
>> BTW, what DE/WM are you using?
>
>    Icewm, Fluxbox and Gnome....the problem exists under all 3.

>From GNOME also? Mmm, then I cannot reproduce it and I guess we share the
same gimp version (2.6.11-3).

>> Ah, okay, you were talking about the *combo box* selector, not the file
>> filter "by type". That makes more sense, although being a combo box it
>> should be automatically resized to the size of the widest text it
>> contains
>
>    Doesn't happen.
>

> but its normal it cannot be resized nor moved.
>
>    That happens :)

How about another GTK based apps? Do you see the same happening also in
another application or is just Gimp? I would consider:

1/ Wait for an update if this is only annoying but you can live with it
2/ Purge and reinstall gimp
3/ Open a bug report

Greetings,

--