Re: Gimp problem

El 2011-09-19 a las 08:46 -0400, Frank McCormick escribió:

(resending to the list)

> On 19/09/11 07:45 AM, Camaleón wrote:

>>>      I have changed styles several times..but it doesn't seem to affect
>>> GIMP at all.
>>
>> You can also set GIMP to use their own style (theme), it's under edit/
>> preferences.
>
>   I've tried both themes available to GIMP, default and small but they
> don't make any difference

Hum...

>>>      Launching it from a terminal doesn't tell me much.
>>
>> Did you try to launch it from a new user, preferably a new/empty one?
>
>   No, not yet but I will do

Okay.

BTW, what DE/WM are you using?

>> Just one thing... I run GNOME and the file extension area is located at
>> the bottom of the window, embedded whithin the main one, I mean, it's not
>> a floating window like seems to be yours, how can be that? :-?
>
>    That's not the window that's the problem here...it's over on the
> right hand side...and allows you to choose which file extension the file
> chooser displays, the top of the list is all files...and there are other
> choices. The bottom list you are talking about is fine on my machine.

Ah, okay, you were talking about the *combo box* selector, not the file
filter "by type". That makes more sense, although being a combo box
it should be automatically resized to the size of the widest text it
contains but its normal it cannot be resized nor moved.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón