Re: Gimp problem

On Sun, 18 Sep 2011 20:48:50 -0400, Frank McCormick wrote:

> On 18/09/11 09:44 AM, Camaleón wrote:

>>> http://imagebin.org/172940
>>
>> Wow...
>>
>> I would try to:
>>
>> 1/ Set another GTK style
>> 2/ Launch Gimp from a terminal and from a fresh new user profile 3/
>> Review your "~/.xsession-errors" file
>>

>     I have changed styles several times..but it doesn't seem to affect
> GIMP at all.

You can also set GIMP to use their own style (theme), it's under edit/
preferences.

>     Launching it from a terminal doesn't tell me much.

Did you try to launch it from a new user, preferably a new/empty one?

> except for this error which also ends up in .xsession-errors:
>
> (gimp:9761): GLib-WARNING **:
> /build/buildd-glib2.0_2.28.6-1-i386-A3fp41/glib2.0-2.28.6/./glib/
goption.c:2132:
> ignoring no-arg, optional-arg or filename flags (8) on option of type 0
>
> I've googled that and found a couple of references to GIMP not starting
> because of a segfault caused by various themes...but no reference to my
> problem.

That should be not relevant for your issue because I also get it in my
wheezhy ;-(

> I guess I'll learn to live with it...it doesn't really affect anything I
> do. I thought maybe I had missed something but there is one other person
> on the list who has the same or a similar problem.

Just one thing... I run GNOME and the file extension area is located at
the bottom of the window, embedded whithin the main one, I mean, it's not
a floating window like seems to be yours, how can be that? :-?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón