crontab mails to external smtp host

Hi list,

I manage several Debian servers (etch and squeeze), not related to one
another, and they all have some crontab jobs scheduled such as backup
scripts. When these cronjobs are run, the output is e-mailed to the
local admin account on the system. Is it possible to configure these
e-mails to be delivered to an external address over an external SMTP
server instead of locally?

All systems where I would want to do this run Squeeze and use exim4 in a
default configuration as none of them are e-mail servers.

Any help is appreciated.

Kind regards,
Steven